At McGrath Tonner we have considerable experience in sitting at both sides of the table – representing employers and employees.
Our dedicated team of professionals understand that having concerns about your employment can be an unsettling and overwhelming time. Our attorneys make sure our clients understand, and remain as involved as they feel comfortable in, the process of negotiations and the development of any court or employment tribunals that may be issued on your behalf.
For employees who have concerns about whether they are being treated fairly in the workplace, and in accordance with the agreed terms of their employment, we take a sympathetic and understanding approach to matters that inevitably concern livelihoods, families, and health and wellbeing in the workplace environment.
We will support you in handling any concerns you have regarding your employment including:
- Advice on the termination of employment and your contractual and statutory entitlements in relation to:
- Allegations of Misconduct or Poor Performance
- Unfair Dismissal
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Probation Periods
- Vacation and Sickness Allowances
- Representation at mediations, and proceedings heard by the Department of Labour & Pensions, the Labour Tribunal and the Courts of the Cayman Islands
- Advising on the immigration law and regulations, work permit queries and concerns and residency applications
- Reviewing employment agreements to ensure they are compliant with the Labour Act and Regulations, and advise where they are not
- Advising on the reasonableness and enforcement of restrictive agreements including those that operate after your employment has come to an end, and those concerning confidential information
- Handling and advising on internal grievance procedures and investigations
- Advising on Compromise and Separation Agreements, including clauses that seek to preserve confidentiality and provide for references and public announcements
- Enforcement proceedings
The services offered by our employment team are strengthened by the wider expertise available from other experts in the firm such as our immigration, criminal and litigation teams – as well as external and international experts when these additional services are needed.
For more information or to book a consultation please contact: email@example.com or +1 345 623-2740