McGrath Tonner’s Investment Funds Team advises fund promoters, investment managers, administrators and institutional investors with regard to the establishment and continued operation of a full range of fund structures, including open-ended funds, private equity funds, master-feeder structures, multi-class funds, unit trusts, partnerships and segregated portfolio companies.
Our Investment Funds Team also provides legal advice on fund restructuring, regulation and compliance, re-domiciliation, stock exchange listing, termination and liquidation, as well as, mergers and acquisitions and reinstatement of struck off entities.
Although we act for a broad cross section of participants across the global investment funds market, we have developed a niche practice in relation to small to medium sized, open-ended and private equity funds due to the flexibility and responsiveness of our Investment Funds Team and the competitive prices we are able to offer smaller clients.
FINANCIAL SERVICES & REGULATORY
The world of financial services and regulatory compliance is in a constant state of change. At McGrath Tonner, we ensure that our clients stay ahead of the curve in order to protect their reputations.
As the powers of regulators increase globally, we can ensure that our clients understand their rights and obligations. Our clients consist of Cayman Islands financial services firms, investment funds, banks, securities firms and insurers.
We enjoy excellent relations with regulators within the Cayman Islands and have the expertise to assist clients who have already fallen foul of regulation.
- Our experts advise in the following areas:
- Anti-Money Laundering and the proceeds of crime
- Bribery and corruption
- FATCA and CRS
- Economic Substance
- Data Protection
- Beneficial Ownership
- Regulatory investigations and prosecutions
- Confidentiality and disclosure of documents
- Regulation of the financial services sector, including directors
- Regulation of telecommunications and the internet
- Regulatory applications, including new licences, amendments and cancellations of existing licences and obtaining regulatory approval for changes of ownership or control
- Corporate Governance
- Responsibilities, duties, obligations and liabilities of investment and private equity funds, general partners, directors
At McGrath Tonner we help our clients protect, and leverage, their commercial advantage by safeguarding, and exploiting, their intellectual property rights.
Our IP and technology lawyers regularly advise on all aspects of IP law including patent, trademark and copyright registration, IP enforcement, confidential information and trade secrets and distribution and agency agreements.
Our IP team can draw upon the expertise of lawyers in our corporate and litigation team to supplement and enhance their expertise as required in both non-contentious and contentious matters.
McGrath Tonner’s corporate licensing specialists provide an effective, one-stop solution for all aspects of licensing in its widest corporate context. We provide services to a wide range of local and international clients. Our comprehensive expertise of the various licensing requirements includes, but is not limited to:
- Trade and Business licensing and applications;
- Local Companies (Control) Act licensing and applications;
- Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) regulatory approvals and licences for financial service sector entities (such as investment funds; banks, insurance companies, securities investment business, virtual asset service providers (VASP), trust companies, fund administrators, investment managers, corporate services providers and money services business;
- Change of control applications; and
- Exemptions, amendments and surrenders under the various laws of the Cayman Islands.
Should you require specific advice on other local/domestic licensing and approvals relating to (a) Healthcare (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing & Midwifery); (b) Liquor Licensing & Entertainment; and (c) Development and Planning, please click here.
For more information or to book a consultation please contact: email@example.com or +1 345 623-2740